May 6, 2023 General Election and Joint Election
Cert of Unopposed Candidates approved at City Council meeting 3/14/2023.
May 6, 2023 General Election and Special Election
The City of Magnolia will hold a General Election on May 6, 2023 for the purpose of electing three (3) Council Members to Places 1, 2, and 3 for a two-year term expiring May 2025
The City of Magnolia will hold a Special Election on May 6, 2023 to submit a proposition to the voters on the re-authorization of agreement with Magnolia Independent School District, Montgomery County and all participating entities.
Please note: The City of Magnolia contracts with the Montgomery County Elections Administrator to conduct our elections. For information about the Montgomery County Elections Office, please visit their website.
- COM General & Special Election Canvass Report - May 7, 2022
- COM General & Special Election Cumulative Report - May 7, 2022
- COM General & Special Election Precinct Report - May 7, 2022
Saturday, May 6, 2022 from 7:00 am. to 7:00 pm.
General Election for Officers
- Council Position 1
- Council Position 2
- Council Position 3
Main Election Day Voting Sites
- Magnolia Community Center, 422 Melton Street, Magnolia, Texas 77354
- West Mo. Co. Comm. Dev. Center, 31355 Friendship Dr. (Green Room), Magnolia, TX 77355
- Magnolia High School, 14350 FM 1488, Magnolia, TX 77354
- Magnolia West High School, 42202 FM 1774, Magnolia, TX 77355
- Magnolia Event Center, 11659 FM 1488, Magnolia, TX 77354
April 24 - 29, 2023 Monday - Saturday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
May 1 - 2, 2023 Monday - Tuesday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Branch Early Voting Sites
- Central Library (Main Early Voting Place), 104 1-45 North (Large Meeting Room), Conroe, TX 77301
- West Montgomery County Community Dev. Center, 31355 Friendship Dr. (Green Room), Magnolia, TX 77355
- Magnolia Event Center, 11659 FM 1488 (LGI 1), Magnolia, TX 77354
- South County Community Center, 2235 Lake Robbins Dr. (Dining Room), The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Spring Creek Greenway Nature Center, 1300 Riley Fuzzel Road (Lecture Hall), Spring, TX 77386
- North Montgomery County Community Center, 600 Gerald Street (Meador Room), Willis, TX 77378
- East Montgomery County Fair Association, 21675A McCleskey Road (Main Room), New Caney, TX 77357
- Lone Star Community Center, 2500 Lone Star Parkway (Cissy Boulware Room), Montgomery, TX 77356
- Election Central (Special Forms of Early Voting and Ballot by Mail only - Formas Especiales de Votacion Adelantad, y Boleta por Correo solamente), 9159 Airport Road (Lobby), Conroe, TX 77303
Applications for Ballot by Mail may be obtained by calling (936) 539-7843.
Applications for ballots by mail must be received by the Early Voting Clerk NO later than the close of business day on Tuesday, April 26, 2022.
Applications for ballot by mail shall be mailed to:
- Suzie Harvey, Elections Administrator, P.O. Box 2646, Conroe, TX 77305-2646
- Contact Information: Email: Suzie Harvey Fax: (936) 788-8340 Website: Montgomery County Elections
CANDIDATES TO BE LISTED ON THE BALLOT
The filing period is January 18, 2023 through February 17, 2023 by 5 PM. As soon as practicable after applications are received, the candidate's name will be listed below. Once the drawing for places on the ballot has occurred, the candidate's names will be listed in the order in which they will appear on the ballot. Candidate applications may be submitted via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
2. Matthew Dantzer, Position 2
Notices / Avisos:
- Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the May 7, 2022 Ballot
- Early Voting Sites and Hours
- Advisory 2021-09-2021 - Legislative Summary - 87th Regular Session
- Campaign Signs
- First Steps For Candidates Running For Office Guide
2023 Candidate Packet / Paquete del Candidato
- Complete Candidate Packet
- 01 Candidate Packet Welcome Letter
- 02 Election Calendar
- 03 Candidate Authorization to Release E-mail Address
- 04 1 Application for Place on Ballot - English
- 04 2 Fair Campaign Practices (VOLUNTARY)
- 05 1 Campaign Treasurer Form CTA: Appointment of Treasurer
- 05 2 Form CTA: Instruction Guide
- 05 3 Form ACTA: Amendment to Form CTA
- 05 4 Form ACTA: Instruction Guide
- 06 1 Campaign Finance 2023 Filing Schedule for Reports Due
- 06 2 Form C/OH: Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report
- 06 3 Form C/OH: Instruction Guide
- 06 4 Form COR-C/OH: Correction Affidavit
- 06 5 Form C/OH-UC: Report of Unexpended Contributions
- 06 6 Form C/OH-UC: Instruction Guide
- 07 1 Candidate Qualifications: Texas Election Code, Title 9, Chapter 141
- 08 Campaign Finance Guide for Candidates and Officeholders Who File With Local Filing Authorities
- 09 Texas Election Code, Title 5, Regulating Political Funds and Campaigns
- 10 A Guide to Becoming a City Official, TML
- 11 1 Political Fundraisers: What You Need to Know
- 11 2 Political Advertising: What You Need to Know
- 11 3 Political Advertising: What You Need to Know (Texas Ethics Commission)
- 11 4 A Short Guide to the Prohibition Against Using Political Subdivision Resources for Political Advertising in Connection With An Election
- 12 Form CIQ: Conflict of Interest Questionnaire (if needed)
- 13 Form CIS: Conflicts Disclosure Statement (if needed)
The City of Magnolia holds General Elections for officers on the first Saturday in May each year. During even numbered years, such as 2022 the election is held to elect for the Mayor and City Council Places 4 and 5. During odd numbered years, such as 2023 the election is held to elect the City Council Places 1, 2 and 3. If the Mayor and Council seats are unopposed (having only one person signed up in each spot) the election can be canceled in accordance with section 2.051 of the Texas Election Code.
May 2, 2020 - Mayor, Positions 4 and 5
May 1, 2021 - Positions 1, 2 and 3
May 7, 2022 - Mayor, Positions 4 and 5
May 6, 2023 - Positions 1, 2 and 3
2024 - Mayor, Positions 4 and 5
2025 - Positions 1, 2 and 3
2026 - Mayor, Positions 4 and 5
The Montgomery County Election Results Archives (Precincts 18, 29, 30, 91 and 97) contains reports and results for all elections held in the City of Magnolia.
Qualifications for Candidacy/Holding Office
Each member of the City Council, including the Mayor shall meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be a qualified, registered voter of the City of Magnolia;
- Mayor: Must be a resident of Texas for twelve (12) months and the City of Magnolia for at least twelve (12) months prior to the date of filing. Council: Must be a resident of Texas for twelve (12) months and the City of Magnolia for at least six (6) months prior to the date of filing.
- Must continue residency in the City during the term of office;
- Not hold more than one elective office;
- Must not hold an appointed office of the City excluding boards, committees and commissions;
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the commencement of the term to be filled by election;
- Must not have been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment in court; and
- Must not have been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities or had Civil rights restored by other official action.
In accordance with the Texas Election Code, the City Secretary serves as the Chief Election Official for the City of Magnolia and is tasked with overseeing and administering all City elections.
2021 ELECTION SCHEDULE
January 1, 2021 – First day to apply for a ballot by mail
January 13, 2021 – First day to file for a place on the General Election ballot
February 12, 2021 – Last day to file for a place on the General Election ballot by 5 PM
April 1, 2021 – Last day to register to vote
April 19, 2021 – Last day to apply for a ballot by mail
April 19, 2021 – First day of early voting
April 26 & 27 – Early Voting
April 27, 2021 – Last day of Early Voting
May 1, 2021 – Election Day
June 12, 2021 – Runoff Election date (if necessary)
Saturday, May 1, 2021 from 7:00 am. to 7:00 pm.
April 19 - 24, 2021 Monday - Saturday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
April 26 - 27, 2021 Monday - Tuesday 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
EARLY VOTING LOCATIONS IN MONTGOMERY COUNTY
MAIN ELECTION DAY VOTING SITE (S)
Magnolia Community Center, 422 Melton Street, Magnolia, Texas 77354
West Mo. Co. Comm. Dev. Center, 31355 Friendship Dr. (Green Room), Magnolia, TX 77355
Magnolia High School, 14350 FM 1488, Magnolia, TX 77354
Magnolia West High School, 42202 FM 1774, Magnolia, TX 77355
Magnolia Event Center, 11659 FM 1488, Magnolia, TX 77354
Candidates To Be Listed On The Ballot
The filing period is January 13, 2021 through February 12, 2021 by 5 PM. As soon as practicable after applications are received, the candidate's name will be listed below. Once the drawing for places on the ballot has occurred, the candidate's names will be listed in the order in which they will appear on the ballot.
May 2021 Election Notice (H.B. 305)
The Texas State Legislature passed House Bill 305 on June 14, 2019 and becomes effective on September 1, 2019. The bill requires that a political subdivision, with the authority to impose a tax that at any time on or after January 1, 2019, maintained a publicly accessible Internet website, shall include certain information, including information regarding upcoming elections, on that web site pursuant to the effective date.
EARLY VOTING LOCATIONS AT BRANCH POLLING PLACES AND ON SATURDAY - JOINT ELECTION MONTGOMERY COUNTY
Certificate of Unopposed Candidates
Cancellation of the May 1, 2021 General Election for the City of Magnolia