Duties of the Administrative Assistant:
- Sorting, filing, copying and distribution of crime reports, traffic reports, citations and other materials to appropriate personnel.
- Compiles data for a variety of reports.
- Receives and relays all information from the field to appropriate personnel to ensure all necessary information or equipment is readily available.
- Notifies and receives police related information to and from other police divisions or agencies to ensure information is communicated promptly.
- Informs field officers of major accidents, hazardous situations or locations where such information will be beneficial to prevent injuries to officers.
- Handling walk in reports and citizen phone calls.
- Ensures that the office runs efficiently.
Duties of the Evidence Technician:
- Receiving, recording, examining, coding, preparing and storing various types of personal property recovered, found or turned in as evidence.
- Keep accurate records of stored property and evidence to assure security and retrieval capability for court purposes and for audit.
- Arrange for storage of large items and organize the orderly layout of the property storage room.
- Maintain confidential files and records regarding property in custody and its disposition; release property to be used in evidence or to be returned to owners.
- Coordinate and prepare usable unclaimed property for auction as pursuant to State Penal Code provisions.
- Type, enter and verify the variety of property and evidence date on a personal computer; prepare related reports.